Who doesn’t love the cool weather? As we say hello to October tomorrow, we wanted to give you four of our favorite fall activities for you to do with your teen girls! These are activities that you can do in person or slightly adjusted at a distance depending on the social distancing restrictions in your area.
We know 2020 has had its fair share of heartaches, tension, and stress. Our prayer is that through these fun gatherings you can find the joy hidden in the fall leaves, the pumpkin spice, and the faithfulness of our good God!
Choose a backyard or find a nearby park to host a pumpkin painting event! Encourage the girls to bring their own pumpkin and invite a friend to join! Here are some supplies you may want to provide:
- Variety of Acrylic Paint
- Spray Paint
- Variety of Paint Brushes / Sponges
- Plastic Tablecloths
- Cups for Water
- Paper Plates for Pumpkins to Sit On While Drying
- Wet Wipes to Clean Hands
There are a variety of ways you can challenge the girls in a fun bake-off! Here are two simple ideas:
- If you’re only meeting online, give one recipe to all of the girls! Whoever has the best presentation wins.
- If you plan to meet in person, challenge each girl to bring their favorite fall dessert to share. Let the girls take a vote on their favorite item!
Know of anyone with a fire pit? If so, this is a great and easy way to get your girls together. Let them bring their own blankets to get cozy and plan some silly icebreaker questions to keep the conversation fun and lighthearted. (Social distancing tip: package individual bags of s’more supplies for each of the girls.)
Did someone say charcuterie? Okay, your girls may not be into that kind of dining! But, find a pretty place to have an outdoor picnic. They can bring their own meals or you can provide a spread for them. If you’re looking for ideas on what to bring, here are some unique ideas your girls would love:
- Meat and Cheese or Dessert Charcuterie
- Donuts and Coffee for a Breakfast Picnic
- Build Your Own Sandwich Supplies
- Fall drinks like hot chocolate and hot or sparkling apple cider
Let us know what else you’re doing with your girls in this season! Tag us @lifewaygirls in your photos on Instagram.
Leave a Reply