Graduation season is upon us! Depending on your school year, high school seniors are about to dive into finals and AP exams — that means they are officially in the home stretch to graduation! With all these last-minute demands, it can be easy for them to lose steam in these final weeks as they approach the finish line.
Here are 5 easy ways you can help seniors finish well:
- Pray FOR them. Pray for your seniors by name! You can pray for specific tests they have going on and that their attitude in these final weeks would be a reflection of Christ. You could even have volunteers from your church “adopt” a senior to pray for and encourage!
- Pray WITH them. Taking some time to pray WITH your seniors, one-on-one, will encourage them to seek God during times of uncertainty and will help calm nerves as they approach graduation.
- Treat them! Whether it’s a quick one-on-one coffee run after school or a finals week goody bag, your girls will appreciate a small token of encouragement as a reminder you’re cheering them along!
- Call or text before or after a big event. Send your girls personalized messages to wish them good luck before a big final exam or to follow up to see how it went!
- Help them spend time in Scripture. Just because girls are busy doesn’t mean they can afford to slack spiritually. Try to keep girls involved in a consistent study of God’s Word in a group setting, and encourage them to stay rooted in God’s Word through this time of transition!
This is by no means an exhaustive list. We know many of you have great ideas, so share them with us in the comments!