We are really excited to introduce you to a brand new study for girls. Annie F. Downs is an incredibly transparent author and speaker, and we are thankful she is sharing her story with us through Looking for Lovely. This new study is not only available for girls, but for women, too. These two studies allow for some great opportunities to bridge gaps between a younger generation and older generation of women in your church.
What is Looking for Lovely?
As Christians, we are not promised lives of ease. Often it takes just a small moment of beauty to regain hope and continue on when life is chaotic and unpredictable. Only when we learn to spot the lovely in the midst of hardship can we experience the transcendent peace of God that keeps us persevering when we want to give up.
In this 7-session Bible study for 6th to 12th grade girls, Annie F. Downs examines the ordinary people of the Bible—fishermen, gardeners, women, soldiers—to reveal the moments they found beauty in the everyday circumstances and hope in God’s timing. Because they trusted in this: He makes everything beautiful in His time.
Why Looking for Lovely?
- Help girls discover beauty in the mundane and difficult moments of life
- Encourages girls toward a more personal relationship with God as they discover scriptural truths
- Helps girls row spiritually through individual study time and group sessions
- Guides girls to understand God sometimes calls us to do hard, but ultimately rewarding, tasks
- Helps girls learn to laugh through times of perseverance and discover the beauty of the journey
- Helps girls trust God’s timing as He makes everything beautiful in His time
- Helps girls understand what it means to dwell in the peace of God and allow Him to carry them at all times
What do I need to get started?
One Looking for Lovely Student Book ($11.99 ea) per group participant. Your group can be two people or 100 people!
Optional: Looking for Lovely Teen Girls’ Bible Study Video Bundle ($24.99) per group.